“Is it really possible to love my work?”
“I don’t like my job, it’s stress and tiring!”
“Hmm… I don’t think I will ever love my job.”
I do have these kind of thoughts playing around in my mind. Probably some of us also have the same experience when we reached to a point where we don’t feel like going to work. Feel mundane and not even motivated. The only reason going to work is money. Otherwise who’s gonna pay the house and bills. I guess we’ve all been there. It’s inevitable.
Then I stumble into this video a speech by Simon Sinek. To be honest, I love self-help. When reading or listening to that, it’s like someone giving me advise to be a better person. Below are some of the key takeaways that I can list. To understand better, I recommend you to watch this video.
- Believe in doing good for other and you will feel the fulfillment is overwhelming. The feeling of fulfillment comes from doing something for another.
- Time & energy exchange for time & energy to exchange the feeling instead of giving money which is something like a promise.
- Vulnerability & risks. We have to help other in order for other to help us and vise versa. Don’t worry if someone you had help before never help you in the future.
- When we are fulfilled, we will love our job. One of the reasons we love our job is that we care for the people we work with, and the people we work with care for us.
- Start doing little things for others and others will also start doing the little things.
- The order matters. Speak honestly about what you want. Just ask what you want from them. No need to do something to get something in returns. This is how to build trust.
I hope this little sharing could help you boost your motivation to continue work and start loving your work. I know it’s not easy, but we have to try and never give up. I wish you can achieve whatever goals in your life and have a good day ahead.